Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Cobbler Creek

Today Rory has a pupil free day, so he is meant to be working on assignments. I don't want him getting to much in the habit of Calvin in this comic strip.
 One of the things he needed to do was collect 10 different seed. It is such a nice day today, it is forecast for 19C and sunny. I thought that it would be nice to go for a walk in the reserve, with Anabelle and Benjamin, and help collect the seeds. We decided to go down into the creek during our walk. It is the first time I have actually walked through parts of the creek in the 13 years we have lived in our home. It looked so beautiful down there and so relaxing walking at Benjamin and Anabelle's speed. I had to take some photos with my phone.
Rory and Benjamin walking ahead.

Rory wishes he could add a water feature to this spot.
Rory would hang out with his friends here last year.
Anabelle insisted on bringing her baby.
Looking at the water.
Our home is up there.
At the top of the creek other side to our home. You can just see our roof through the trees.
I think I will have to go for a walk down there more frequently and enjoy this beautiful land Heavenly Father has blessed me with.
Thanks Rory's teacher for his assignment. Without it I probably wouldn't have ever gone down to the creek.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Benjamin, Annabelle and Rory: you are so lucky having such a pleasant area near your house, and being memebers of the best Pilkington family!

Grandpa at lunchtime at work!

Bryan, Amy, Michael, Tyler, Emily and Benjamin said...

I love Cobbler Creek. I miss it and am jealous of you all being able to explore it. I have many happy memories. Enjoy and take care of it.

Uncle Bryan