Monday, November 24, 2008

Anabelle's baby blessing

Sunday 16th December.
I had spent the last couple of weeks looking after sick children. Between gastro and colds Damien had also been on the west coast trip. At 2am it was my turn. I woke up feeling dizzy and unwell. Within half an hour I started spilling out (as Charles puts it). It was a struggle to sleep the rest of the night. I was a bit worried as Anabelle was having her baby blessing that day. Nanna and Grandad were over from Tweed Heads so I didn't want it cancelled but I didn't want to miss it.

The wonderful missionaries came around and assisted Damien in giving me a blessing. I spent the next couple of hours resting while Damien had meetings. The children were pretty good in the morning at helping me. They behaved while getting ready for church.

I was able to go to Sacrament meeting and watch Anabelle's blessing. I even felt 100%during it which was said in the blessing. After Sacrament meeting I felt lousy again and went home to rest again. (The blessing had told me I needed to rest before the gathering after church.) I hadn't been sick since about 10am but still felt very flat. I had very little energy. Mum (Kathy) was a great help. She had aloud us to have the gathering at her house and then also made sure food was out. She stepped in and took over in a very positive and helpful way. I don't know what would have happened if she hadn't.

Here are some photos of Anabelle in the family blessing/christening gown.





As you can see Anabelle had conjunctivitis as well.

1 comment:

Keekies said...

That's awesome that you felt better for her blessing... I like the term spilling out too, much nicer than the alternatives... Wish we could have been there!